Strawberry Leather Ingredients:
- Optional: sugar (max 20%)
- OR strawberry compote (max 20% sugar)
Rice pudding Ingredients:
- 100g round rice
- 500ml soy milk (calcium for me) // or rice milk for gluten free
- 10 mint leaves
- Caster sugar
- 50g Lemon bark
Candied Ingredients (for 3 lemons):
- lemon peel (16 strips with lemon)
- 400ml water
- 100g sugar
Strawberry Leather preparation:
- spread on 5 mm thick on a plate or greaseproof paper
- let dry for a good 6 hours at 70°C (depends ovens or dryers, you’ll see when you can take off one edge and that “it stands”! ^^)
Note: keeps very long time (and really long veeeeeery in a sealed bag without air, like any dehydrated product)
Note 2: Hey! yes, it is best to plan ahead and do it the night before, a bit like the candied lemon peel!
Preparing rice pudding:
- put the rice, milk and sugar over low heat for 1 hour
- the last 15 minutes, add the mint leaves
Note: it can be conserved 24h, 48 also, but the color will no longer be at the rendez-vous (rice dries milk on the part exposed to the air)
Preparing the candied lemon peel:
- Collect bark gently (I cut the bark of a lemon in 4 and I do slat details once bleached)
- Blanch 5 times (to bark in cold water, bring to boil, drain, rinse under cold water)
- Mix sugar and water to boil, then low heat 10 minutes
- Add barks and never mix for 1 hour
- Let dry at least 5 hours
Note: also retains incredibly long, but watch out for reserves, they disappear incredibly quickly !!!
For assembly, the ideal would be to have a maki roll, but if not, no fear: it works very well!
- On a large fruit leather rectangle, 5 cms wide and 20 cms long (length does not matter, and width depends on the size you want to get), put the rice pudding (cold or very warm) on a thin layer (again, depending on your size: I put 5 mm roughly speaking)
- Leave about 1 cm free
- Post candied lemon peel to create a line at center of your maki
- Rock and ROLL ! (See Note 1)
- Cut your pipe maki, and draw up!
Note 1: In order to close the maki, moisten with a brush (or your finger) left open the leather milk-rice
Note 2: please clean with water brush your roll before cutting in maki, but do not overdo it or let it dry a bit before cutting leather
Enjoy, and then also try the blog Tout cru dans le bec, that inspired me first!